Schroeder Studio Gallery Workshop Etiquette
We are so pleased that you have joined us for this workshop. We want you to have a wonderful time and that the learning will be helpful in your growth as an artist. The suggestions below are intended to make the workshop a positive and pleasurable experience for all. They are gleaned from many workshops since 1998.
• Please turn the sound OFF or set to “vibrate” on cell phones when class and teaching begin. Ringing interrupts the instructor’s train of thought and is annoying to your fellow painters. If you need to take a call, please step outside to do so.
• Be on time. If tardiness is unavoidable, please quietly try to catch up – the instructor is not expected to start the lesson over.
• When packing materials for the class, do include the necessary but please leave your “studio” at home. We have limited space for each student.
• Please arrive at class fragrance free for the comfort of participants and instructors who may have allergies.
• Please don’t be demanding of the teacher’s time. There is a room full of people who paid for the workshop, too.
• It is a courtesy to ask permission from the teacher before taking pictures of samples and demonstrations. This goes for photographing other students and their work as well.
• All handouts and instructions are copyrighted and owned by the instructor. Individual teachers have varying policies as to how their designs, handouts and instructions may be used after a workshop. Please check with your teacher before sharing the workshop materials in any form with others.
• Be courteous to your tablemate. Conversation might be enjoyable to you but others may require total concentration and listening to constant chatter is disruptive.
• Be honest of your level of experience. Don’t expect the teacher to know.
• Please, under no circumstance, touch or take any of the demonstration pieces or artwork unless you have permission from the teacher.
• Please don’t eat or drink in the gallery. Also do not eat food or drink over anyone’s artwork.
• Then, first and foremost, ENJOY & HAVE FUN!